CRAN release: 2022-10-05
importNOAA()will now display a progress bar when multiple years of met data are to be imported.
Improved the formatting of the popups in
getMeta()in line with
getMeta(), allowing for users to define one or more
leafletbasemaps. Uses the same default as
CRAN release: 2021-04-20
do not add precip to ADMS export
Cloud cover data mostly spans 1 to 8 Oktas and no zero (clear sky); use
ceil_hgt = 220000(unlimited) to indicate clear sky when cloud cover is reported as missing.
Do not use ftp for site information.
CRAN release: 2021-04-09
- Fix precipitation. The
precip_12gives the sum of the precipitation over the past 12 hours and the sum of this column should be the annual total in mm.
precipspreads the 12-hour total evenly across the previous 12 hours.
worldmetno longer tries to combine 12 and 6 hour totals.
CRAN release: 2021-03-29
- Catch missing data error and report missing when importing data using
CRAN release: 2020-09-17
- fix bug when lat and lon provided in
- fix bug when several years are selected and columns are different lengths when
n.core = 1
- Significant changes due to NOAA storage formats and different storage locations
- Remove options for precipitation and present weather in
importNOAA; just return everything
- Return data as tibble
CRAN release: 2020-02-12
getMetaLiveto allow users direct access to all meta data and easy re-use without re-downloading.
- Assume 9999 is missing for visibility (was 999999)
- add option
pathto allow users to save met data as an rds file.
- fix short WBAN codes.
- make sure all meta data are used and not only sites with most recent year
CRAN release: 2018-02-27
- query live meta data when using
- fix bug when data not available for a year when using parallel processing
- parallel processing for sites and years
read_csvfor meta data (read.csv seems very slow in R 3.4.3)
CRAN release: 2017-12-18
- downloads now from webserver rather than ftp. Should be faster and allow more downloads. Thanks to Stuart Grange.
- add parallel processing using foreach
- default to downloading fresh meta data each time
- fix current year problem (base on meta data available in package)
- update meta data